Fall Mini Capsule
This week has been cold here in Denver which was perfect timing for the Fall Mini Capsule contest from Made for Mermaids, Patterns for Pirates and Cole’s Creations. If you haven’t heard about the contest the idea is to sew up nine pieces for your fall wardrobe. The rules are pretty relaxed and it is a fun way to push yourself to get ready for fall!
I pushed myself to complete this mini capsule on time because in the spring I didn’t get done in time due to illness. For my capsule I wanted to create a palette that could be mixed and matched any which way. I started by choosing my color palette. Thinking fall colors I decided on grey scale with a mustard accent for a pop of color. Then I set out to choose which pieces to include.
Here is a brief overview of what I included (from left to right on image above).
- Favorite Tee – long sleeved, curved hem, fabric is a two tone charcoal cotton spandex from Knitpop.
- Cross My Heart Cami – fabric is a mustard cotton spandex from Knitpop. I love this piece because it can be layered under any of the sweaters for a fun pop of color.
- Pumpkin Spice Dolman – tunic length with added band on bottom, fabric is a funky double knit from Knitpop. This is one of my favorite pattern alterations, I make the tunic length and then cut a 5″ band that is about 2 inches shorter than the bottom opening.
- Pumpkin Spice Dolman – curved hem, fabric is an oatmeal French Terry that I got a while back from Knitpop. I surged the curved hem but did not finish it. Mostly because I was lazy, but I also liked the look!
- Cocoon Cardigan – tunic length, long bands, fabric is a black cashmere brushed style from Knitpop, super soft!
- Layer Me Up – tunic length, this is a grey hacci I have had in my stash since last winter. It is so soft and cozy!
- Peg Legs – 3 pairs. I wear leggings all fall long and while the patterned ones are fun I prefer plain black ones. My favorite are black yoga knit from Knitpop, so I made two more pairs. I also used this fun vintage denim DBP to make a pair of “jean” leggings.
I’m secretly hoping the cold weather sticks around a bit longer so I can wear some of these pieces now instead of waiting for the fall!
love all you idea and can’t wait to see more!
These are fantastic! It’s supposed to be decently chilly here in CO next week, hopefully you can wear a few of these!
Thanks, today is the perfect day for some cozy sweaters!
Love these pieces. We don’t really get fall in Florida! What pattern do you use for the leggings? I’m gearing up to make some. Thanks!
Thank you! I used the free Peg Leg pattern from Patterns for Pirates 🙂
I Love these pieces. We don’t really get fall in Florida! What pattern do you use for the leggings? I’m gearing up to make some. Thanks!